In the summer of 2011 we explored the US Pacific Northwest, mainly Oregon and Washington State but hitting Glacier, Yellowstone and Badlands National parks on the way back home.
The map below marks the major places we visited. If you click on a marker you will get a link to the first post for that area.
View Travels Summer 2011 in a larger map
While almost everyday of the trip was great and I encourage you to look at them all, these are the ones I consider the most memorable.
If you click on the picture you will be taken the post for the day
Crater Lake NP
Mount Rainier Railway
North Cascades NP
4 1/2 months or 140 days since we left home (May 10 – Sep 26). Together with last year that makes about 250 days we have stayed in the RV.
Stayed in 13 states, travelled through 4 more
9900 pictures saved (who know how many taken, at least double)
- 14000 km on the RV
- 12000 km on the CRV just in day trips. Wow.
- 320 km walking
- $4000 in gas for the RV
- $1000 in gas for the CRV
- $4200 in campground fees or about $30 a day
- As we mostly do no cost stuff like hiking during the day we only spent about $400 on extras like the dune buggy’s and the Lake Chelan cruise.
- $80 for National Parks/Monuments annual pass (I think we got our money’s worth)
- $30 for Oregon state parks annual pass
- $30 for Washington state parks annual pass
- I didn’t calculate food because we would have had to buy that at home
- We also ate out about as much as when at home.